(!)Friday Night Low Down Domino(F.Rida v Jessie J v K.Perry)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!)Friday Night Low Down Domino(F.Rida v Jessie J v K.Perry)

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 am

Instrumental
Domino - Jessie J

Acapellas
Last Friday Night (TGIF) - Katy Perry
Low - Flo Rida (feat T-Pain)

I know the Last Friday Night / Domino thing has been done before (they are after all virtually the same song), but I was playing around with tracks and Low came up with a similar BPM. I originally intended to do some play-off between the lyrics but the rhythm is completely different.

Anyway, let me know what you think (and obviously, what can be improved, I'm still learning).

Si

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Friday Night Low Down Domino -Flo Rida vs Jessie J vs Ka

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 am

Nice match, I like the parts of Flo Rida very much :1rolleyes:
As you said, Last Friday Night & Domino already have been done, but really, adding "Low" was a good thing to do :1cool:
One creative suggestion, you can give some kind of delay around 0:37 when you switch from KP to FR.

I also hear the gap between the vocals in term of quality, not sure if you can do something about it, maybe EQ can help :1undecided:

Either way, I like it enough to say...

1 star User

Re: (!)Friday Night Low Down Domino(F.Rida v Jessie J v K.Pe

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks @SMASH

I was playing around with it for ages looking for the right rhythm of lyrics, that's how the Katy Perry version ended up being made. I went back and remixed the version above slightly but I can't do much about the artefacts in the Flo Rida track, they are all over the lyrics unforunately.

I did go back and try to mix just Low with Domino and ended up with this "Low Down Domino" version:

EDIT: Tried to insert MP3PREVIEW tag, but it didn't create the player, just left the code in the post.

EDIT2: Tried again and now it works....odd.

No Flash Installed

Download
Last edited by DJSimonster on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm

DJSimonster wrote:
EDIT: Tried to insert MP3PREVIEW tag, but it didn't create the player, just left the code in the post.

Looks fine to me, but I struggled with the same. You need to allow downloads on your track at sowndhaus, and then right-click the DL-button and copy the actual DL-link inside the MP3preview-code, if that makes sense:)

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:25 pm

I prefer the version without Katy. I'd be willing to give that one a recommend. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:57 pm

satis5d wrote:I prefer the version without Katy. I'd be willing to give that one a recommend.
I second this. If you’re willing to swap out the original post with “Low Down Domino” I think you have a winner!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>