Beautiful Hurricane of Sin (Scorpions, Zedd, Robbie Williams

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

Beautiful Hurricane of Sin (Scorpions, Zedd, Robbie Williams

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Warezio - Beautiful Hurricane of Sin (Scorpions vs. Zedd and Robbie Williams)

Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane (worthy cover instrumental)
Zedd - Beautiful Now (acapella)
Robbie Williams - Sin Sin Sin (acapella)

Fifth-d up, but still sounds good (?)

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 0 download link

Re: Beautiful Hurricane of Sin (Scorpions, Zedd, Robbie Will

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 pm

I'm 100% on-board with Robbie's part, but I'm not feeling the same love for Zedd on this one. :1cry:

Don't ask me why, but I'm hearing Bananarama's Cruel Summer in my head after listening to this.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 am

satis5d wrote:I'm 100% on-board with Robbie's part, but I'm not feeling the same love for Zedd on this one.
Fair enough. Is it a harmonic issue, or something more fundamental like mismatch of energy level?

2 Star User

I Have to agree into disagre this time, satis5d!

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm

satis5d wrote:I'm 100% on-board with Robbie's part, but I'm not feeling the same love for Zedd on this one. :1cry:

Don't ask me why, but I'm hearing Bananarama's Cruel Summer in my head after listening to this.

Actually, I feel exactly the OPPOSITE! Zedd's verse vocals does fit this instrumental better than Robbie's chorus (actually, too much better, even for my taste)

The reason for that is the simple fact that, when I hear Robbie, it just misses something that definitelly should be there... maybe some flanger effect would correct that?

Anyways, it's a strong contender to FP, as always :1smiley: !
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:03 pm

warezio wrote:
satis5d wrote:I'm 100% on-board with Robbie's part, but I'm not feeling the same love for Zedd on this one.
Fair enough. Is it a harmonic issue, or something more fundamental like mismatch of energy level?

Yes, for me it's a harmonics issue with Zedd.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 pm

satis5d wrote:Yes, for me it's a harmonics issue with Zedd.
Agreed. The fifth issue isn’t a problem with the Robbie, but the Zedd is a pretty rough match for me.

The only rough note that Robbie hits is the last syllable of “inside” at the end of the choruses. It sounds like going down a semitone would nail that one down (I think it’s a C and would resolve better as a B, but that’s just me being a bit nitpicky.)

I also think you might have gotten a little too excited with the Exciter on that instrumental again--sounds very digital, but perhaps that’s what you were going for... :1undecided:

3 Star User

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am

MashGyver wrote:
satis5d wrote:Yes, for me it's a harmonics issue with Zedd.
Agreed. The fifth issue isn’t a problem with the Robbie, but the Zedd is a pretty rough match for me.

Bummer. Zedd degrades alot when up-d a fifth. It's ok for the background vocals (in the chorus) and it was briefly acceptable at (+5/-7) before the last chorus, but during those initial verses the vocals are prominent. Can I bend some notes to make it work?

Or maybe you will tell me that the problem is the final pre-chorus, which I did shift +5/-7. In that case, I can definitely fix that.

MashGyver wrote:The only rough note that Robbie hits is the last syllable of “inside” at the end of the choruses. It sounds like going down a semitone would nail that one down (I think it’s a C and would resolve better as a B, but that’s just me being a bit nitpicky.)

Agreed, I can fix that one.

MashGyver wrote:I also think you might have gotten a little too excited with the Exciter on that instrumental again--sounds very digital, but perhaps that’s what you were going for... :1undecided:

That's the cover instrumental (unprocessed). The original Scorpions track definitely has a different tone (is that analog?), lots more verb and grit. Still, among the covers, this one is definitely the best. Maybe I can verb the whole instrumental a bit.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

Pardon the brevity--replying from my phone...

You can try moving Zedd's C#s to Cs. But that's a lot, unfortunately.

I just meant the instrumental sounded digitally processed, but I guess it's just kind of an odd-sounding guitar setup used for the cover, or maybe just different enough than what I'm used to hearing that it threw me.

If that's the best cover available I would just spectrogram it and the original and try to match EQ the best you can, and also try and match the reverb as you mentioned.

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 am

Agree with satis5d and MG about the presence of Zedd here, not sure it's the right source to use with this mental, but who knows, maybe in the next version I'll change my mind, you are always full of surprises :1wink:

3 Star User

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

SMASH wrote:Agree with satis5d and MG about the presence of Zedd here, not sure it's the right source to use with this mental

Well I have a bit more experience now, so I think it'll be difficult to satisfyingly overcome the obstacles on this one. I'll save that cover instrumental for something better. (The cover instrumental does sound much better with a bit of verb and eq, by the way, so this was not a totally wasted exercise).

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>