[FP] Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man)

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:20 pm

SMASH - Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man)

Instrumental & Vocals: Sia - Unstoppable
Vocals: Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

Comments are welcome as always... :1wink:

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man)

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 am

I like this instrumental/vocal combination better than Sia + Sia.

Only thing I think could help is maybe lowering the volume a bit, or somehow otherwise distancing, on the vocal part from 1:39 - 1:50. I think it'd make it more exciting when the song kicks back in full force soon after.

Just an idea, but not anything to stop me from

I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Re: Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man)

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 am

YITT wrote:I like this instrumental/vocal combination better than Sia + Sia.

Only thing I think could help is maybe lowering the volume a bit, or somehow otherwise distancing, on the vocal part from 1:39 - 1:50. I think it'd make it more exciting when the song kicks back in full force soon after.

Thanks for the recommend, YITT (or should I say thanks to Star Man :1wink: or both :1laugh: )

I balanced the vocals, it was a bit high as you said, I felt that too, thanks for pointing.
Version 2 is up

Re: (!) Feel It Still Unstoppable (Sia vs. Portugal. The Man

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:51 am

It seems like there is a fifths key issue here, SMASH. And to be honest, I didn’t really notice/mind it until the handoff between Sia’s vocals and PtM’s at 3:09…

And while I really liked how smoothly that handoff sounded at first, it became evident very quickly thereafter that PtM wasn’t singing in the same key. In other words, I think you could get away with it better if you removed Sia’s vocals, as much as I liked that part…

But, let’s hear from some others about it...

1 star User

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

Love this combination :1smiley:

I think that Sia's vocals seem a little too loud compared to Feel It Still or maybe it's just the way that she sings it - belted out more than PtM does

Regarding what MG is saying, I didn't hear too much of an issue and I think you could get away with it as it is, but at the same time, it would sound just as good without Sia's vocals.

Post Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 am

Don Hector wrote:Love this combination :1smiley:

I think that Sia's vocals seem a little too loud compared to Feel It Still or maybe it's just the way that she sings it - belted out more than PtM does

Regarding what MG is saying, I didn't hear too much of an issue and I think you could get away with it as it is, but at the same time, it would sound just as good without Sia's vocals.

MashGyver wrote:It seems like there is a fifths key issue here, SMASH. And to be honest, I didn’t really notice/mind it until the handoff between Sia’s vocals and PtM’s at 3:09…

And while I really liked how smoothly that handoff sounded at first, it became evident very quickly thereafter that PtM wasn’t singing in the same key. In other words, I think you could get away with it better if you removed Sia’s vocals, as much as I liked that part…

Thanks for the comments guys :1smiley:
I really like that part of Sia, and as for your comment Don, that's her original sound, I didn't change anything in that part, and I tried to boost PtM as much as possible to bring them in the same level.
I think without Sia it will not be the same, she has her magic voice and I really don't want to take her out.
Regarding the fifth, probably it's not so noticeable as you both mentioned and most people will not hear it. I also tried to pitch the vocals differently without any success, so I guess I will leave it as it is :1undecided:

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:42 am

SMASH wrote:Regarding the fifth, probably it's not so noticeable as you both mentioned and most people will not hear it. I also tried to pitch the vocals differently without any success, so I guess I will leave it as it is
No worries. So far you’ve got both YITT and Don Hector on your side, and I am kind of right on the fence about it because it’s an awesome track. If we would get a few others to weigh in on this I may give it a pass. :1undecided:

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 am

I noticed the fifth's issue early on, but as the song progressed I noticed it less and less. It's not a deal-breaker for me. And I really like Sia's part in there. I'm going to give this one a promotion! :1cool:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 am

MashGyver wrote:
SMASH wrote:Regarding the fifth, probably it's not so noticeable as you both mentioned and most people will not hear it. I also tried to pitch the vocals differently without any success, so I guess I will leave it as it is
No worries. So far you’ve got both YITT and Don Hector on your side, and I am kind of right on the fence about it because it’s an awesome track. If we would get a few others to weigh in on this I may give it a pass. :1undecided:

satis5d wrote:I noticed the fifth's issue early on, but as the song progressed I noticed it less and less. It's not a deal-breaker for me. And I really like Sia's part in there. I'm going to give this one a promotion! :1cool:

Thanks again for the FP :1smiley:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>