Mashstix Mashoff #57 - NaruRolled Generation!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Mashstix Mashoff #57 - NaruRolled Generation!

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:25 am

Do you still remember the time when Neil Cicierega just picked a random 90's forgotten song and turn it into a meme innuendo that made him famous and changed the way we see mashups since then?

Well, it's my turn to let a continuation on that legacy but, instead of using the exact same formula, approacing a certain anime as scapegoat...

INTRO:
That's right, this time I've chosen a theme that can actually be a pain to make it real, but still having faith on you to do it: messing with the musical world of the chump who wanted to be the leader of its own nation, no matter how (aka Naruto Uzumaki)

GOAL:
To make a mashup, bootleg or Crumplbanger that involves AT LEAST ONE of these OST's from the anime:

Naruto Shippuden OST 1
Naruto Shippuden OST 2
Naruto Shippuden OST 3
Naruto Shippuden Movie 1 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 2 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 4 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 6 OST
Naruto Shippuden Movie 7 OST
Boruto The Movie OST

You can add the respective openings and endings of the anime, as well as the original series' OST's, but in any case must be related to Naruto in some sort of way.

REWARDS:

Adding to the Mashup Hokage Title (terminology equivalent to Emperor on the anime), these come here as well:

- Ecery single track of this Mashoff will serve to a compilation to be approved by those who participated, called "NaruRolled Remminiscence" (to be published as a mix on my Dailymotion channel, GladiLordMusic, in case of accepted);
- The winner track will be part of my newest mashup album, Cubical NaruRolled (all rights still reverved to the respective owner) as a Bonus Track;
- Will have a special "celebratory" sprite made by myself :1grin:

TO GET STARTD:

As a reference, listen well these tracks from my 2 current albums to get the idea from what I want you to do here:

NaruRolled
Squared NaruRolled

Have Fun! :1laugh:

THE 5-STEP DESCRIPTION:

• At the start of every month, the (newly entitled) Emperor of MashStix posts a thread containing details of the challenge, for Example: 'Mashups 90bpm or slower with the theme of love'. They should also include the '5-Step Description' and the 'FAQ'.

• The post will then shortly be stickied to the top of the 'Submit Mashups' section for all to see and respond to with their entries. Entries must be in by the 20th.
  • A vote will be created within that thread for everyone to vote on who should win and become the new Emperor (the vote can be created by the current emperor so please don't wait for a mod to do it as we are a busy people)

• On the 27th (or until the last day of the month at the current emperor's choice) the poll shall end and a the new emperor will be chosen.

• The winning track will then be featured on the Frontpage!

FAQ:

> How should I post my mashup?
Entries are to be posted in the thread using the players in the same way as you would on the main mashstix board (i.e. via Dropbox, hearthis, soundcloud or your own webspace), including details of the tracks used.

> Can I use a mashup that I've made previously?
No, that would be cheating!

> What if there is a tie!?
All ties will be settled by the Emperor (sounds like a worthy title now, doesn't it?)

> I didn't win, what can I do with my mashup?
If you are particularly proud of your mashup but didn't win then feel free to post your mashup in the 'Submit Mashup' section as you ordinarily would.

> What do I do if I'm confused??
PM 'DJ Firth' or another mod if you notice they are active

> So the Emperor get's to choose the next challenge and settle tie breakers, anything else?
The Emperor will attain limitless glory for all of eternity (and bragging rights)
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

1 star User

Re: Mashstix Mashoff #57 - NaruRolled Generation!

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm

★ Star Man - Double Dragon (Naruto vs. DANCE WITH THE DEAD) ★

I am Star Man!

This is my audio transmission submission, an instrumental mashup combining 2 full instrumental tracks: Double Dragon!

Source data:

Naruto Shippuden OST 2 - Shouryuu Rising Dragon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvvfore2IEg)

DANCE WITH THE DEAD - Midnight Never Ends (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtsFqCY1LY)

No Flash Installed

Track location: https://sowndhaus.audio/track/8186/-nar ... an-mashup-

Direct download to your mainframe: https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 855181.mp3

Thank you for your time! ★
Star Man audiovisual transmission logs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb33w ... ns9DMeHKgA

2 Star User

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:43 am

Good start, Star Man. I can see some serious blending here, as well a fair amount of effort.

Hoping for more, fellas! :1grin:

TIME TO CHARGE!
(btw, this is Guy, an important character from Naruto anime, known for being one of the most powerful shinobi (or Ninja, if prefered to call like that), due to his fully embraced kung fu style... and yes, it's one of my favourite characters, reason which I've assembled him to this track)

1 star User

Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm

This is my entry, ive never heard of Naruto before? I dont watch cartoons though. :-P

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vdb9uvdie91fzxp/Mashstix%20challange%20December%2017-Mashup-test%201.mp3?dl=0
Tracks used:
Naruto Shippuden Movie OST - 12 - Winds and Clouds
Bjork(Bjørk) - Army of me
Bjork(Bjørk) - Play dead

And a big heads up for everyone !!!
If you search for Naruto Mp3`s @ Google, be sure to open everything in a sandbox!
There are some nasty trojan/virus-files out there.
I didnt, and now my studio Pc is down.. :-(

2 Star User

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:41 am

Dj-Legato wrote:And a big heads up for everyone !!!
If you search for Naruto Mp3`s @ Google, be sure to open everything in a sandbox!

Oh, I'm sorry for that. I should had warned previously that the links I've provided are from youtube, because the safest way to get the tracks as clean as possible is to extract the audio directly from those videos. I thought it would be pretty obvious for everyone, tho... :1embarassed:

Anyways, nice idea you had mixing one of the most underrated tracks of Naruto Shippuden with Bjørk... I should had thought about that too. ^^

That mashup remembered me this fight of the anime for some reason (even though this pic is from the series, and the track is from their 1st Shippuden movie), featuring Kakashi (the white haired shinobi) and Obito (the purple-jacketed guy). And the mood is SO perfect for that.

Good job, Legato. Even though the tempos are a bit tricky to get used to (some parts seems slightly off the beat), a fair amount of effort is here at show.

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:46 am

GladiLord wrote:
Dj-Legato wrote:And a big heads up for everyone !!!

Oh, I'm sorry for that. I should had warned previously that the links I've provided are from youtube, because the safest way to get the tracks as clean as possible is to extract the audio directly from those videos.

Yes, most (if not all) of those shady "download mp3's" sites are riddled with malware, and simply take mp3's posted elsewhere (usually YouTube ripped), and share them on their sites for you to download, their goal being to trick you into downloading their malware in the process. Likely any mashup I've posted on YouTube can be searched by name, and you will find these s**t sites posting mp3 uploads of the mashup, with who knows what added to their benefit.

As a rule, you should never download an mp3 from any of these sites. Like Gldilord said, rip them straight from YouTube with a trusted site, and forget those gotcha mp3 download sites altogether.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

1 star User

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Oh, I'm sorry for that. I should had warned previously that the links I've provided are from youtube, because the safest way to get the tracks as clean as possible is to extract the audio directly from those videos. I thought it would be pretty obvious for everyone, tho...

No worries GladiLord, its not your fault that im sloppy :1embarassed:
Btw i did check out your links on YT. And by skipping trough it all, i found this track.
I new i've heard it before somewhere, 5sec later i searched for Bjørk :-)
However, i couldn't find a good sound quality on YT, only 128kbs so i vent out to look for it..
I do have some "go to" places, but no result.. :-( I decided to google it!
You are absolutely right YITT, i never download from those shady "download mp3's" sites, and i didn't this time either.
It was from some forum, but i don't recall the name :1huh:
I loaded it up to my DAW, and behold! A white screen appeared..
Re powered my computer and got the message "no system disk found"
The disk is now out of my Pc, and i handed it to a friend of mine who is an expert in recovery. (i hope)
Anyway, the Mashup i've presented is made on my all-around laptop using an old version of AcidPro, and the Youtube audio is from your link ;-)

Glad you liked it GladiLord :1cool:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>