(!)Smooth Blurred Instruction(J.Jones v R.Thicke v MJ v aha)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(!)Smooth Blurred Instruction(J.Jones v R.Thicke v MJ v aha)

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 am

SMASH - Smooth Blurred Instruction (Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato, Stefflon Don vs. Robin Thicke ft. T.I., Pharrell vs. Michael Jackson vs. a-ha)

Instrumental & Vocals: Jax Jones - Instruction ft. Demi Lovato, Stefflon Don
Vocals: Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell
Vocals: Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Vocals: a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV

phpBB [media]

Comments are welcome as always :1wink:

V3

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Smooth Blurred Instruction (J. Jones v R. Thicke v MJ v

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Version 2 is up, I made some small adjustments :1wink:

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:40 pm

You know I'm a huge fan, SMASH, but I'm not a fan of this one. Sorry. :1undecided:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Personally I'm not a massive fan of the intro of that song - it goes on a little too long and you could perhaps start the mashup from 0:11.

The MJ vocals at the start don't seem to gel well together with the instrumental to start with but that tends to happen when you mash an old source with a new one.

The transitions at 1:27 isn't as smooth as it could be. The "say that you're bossy" vocal could be repeated again at 1:30 etc. as you fade Demi's vocals from 1:27 to ease MJ in - If that makes sense? [kind of similar to 1:50] {Or whatever creative method you can surprise us with :1tongue: }

I'm not really a fan of the a-ha vocals. I'm not sure they're needed if you can fit MJ or another source you've used instead.

I'll admit it took me a little while for me to get into this mashup but it works nicely.

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:44 pm

satis5d wrote:You know I'm a huge fan, SMASH, but I'm not a fan of this one. Sorry. :1undecided:

Well, you can't always succeed satisfying each and every one of your fans, it's not a human characteristic, and I'm hoping that I'm not going to lose you as a fan, but maybe I'll have the chance to see at least one thump up from you for the video clip :1tongue: (added to the initial post)

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:43 am

Don Hector wrote:Personally I'm not a massive fan of the intro of that song - it goes on a little too long and you could perhaps start the mashup from 0:11.

The MJ vocals at the start don't seem to gel well together with the instrumental to start with but that tends to happen when you mash an old source with a new one.

The transitions at 1:27 isn't as smooth as it could be. The "say that you're bossy" vocal could be repeated again at 1:30 etc. as you fade Demi's vocals from 1:27 to ease MJ in - If that makes sense? [kind of similar to 1:50] {Or whatever creative method you can surprise us with :1tongue: }

I'm not really a fan of the a-ha vocals. I'm not sure they're needed if you can fit MJ or another source you've used instead.

I'll admit it took me a little while for me to get into this mashup but it works nicely.

Thanks for the comments, Don :1smiley:
I really like it the way it is, I don't think the intro is too long at all, the transition @1:27 sounds good to me and I also think that a-ha is a nice contribution towards the end and as a background vocals in the verses behind MJ singing.
Currently I'm staying with V2 :1wink:

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 am

Hi Smash,

for me there is only one thing you could fix, it's those "hey hey hey" in the intro. The third "hey" could be up in key (maybe a semitone) because it's not in the same key as MJ and it hurts my ears :1cheesy: .

maybe i'm wrong, wait for other opinion :1wink:

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

DRA'man wrote:Hi Smash,

for me there is only one thing you could fix, it's those "hey hey hey" in the intro. The third "hey" could be up in key (maybe a semitone) because it's not in the same key as MJ and it hurts my ears :1cheesy: .

maybe i'm wrong, wait for other opinion :1wink:

Thanks DRA'man :1smiley:
I agree, this part of Blurred Lines from 0:15 - 0:46 is off key, but I think it should go down and not up.
Version 3 is up with the fix for the above, in addition I add a delay on the last part of a-ha @2:38 (as it shown in their video clip).

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm

SMASH wrote:
DRA'man wrote:Hi Smash,

Thanks DRA'man :1smiley:
I agree, this part of Blurred Lines from 0:15 - 0:46 is off key, but I think it should go down and not up.

You're right mate :1wink:

Recommend !

Re: (!)Smooth Blurred Instruction(J.Jones v R.Thicke v MJ v

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 pm

Interesting collection of songs, SMASH. I like the Smooth Criminal vocals over the instrumental, but I’m not sold on much more of this, unfortunately. The Robin Thicke vocals sound a fifth off key, and the A-ha vocals just barely work (I’m not 100% sure they aren’t a fifth off key too, but there are few enough of them and they work well enough that I could live with them.)

The mix sounds great from a technical standpoint. I just wonder how open you’d be to making this an A+B… :1cheesy:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>