[FP] Adam Dutch-Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez, Marshmello v SSPU)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: (!) Adam Dutch-Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez x Marshmello v S

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 am

Adam Dutch wrote:Thanks. The original speed of Substitution seems very fast with her vocals involved. Wolves is at 126, Substitution is about 140, so I put it around 130. Here's what it sounds like at original tempo not as warped in Ableton.
Your sample doesn’t sound too bad to me, speed-wise, but then again I don’t have much familiarity with the song. If you wanted to slow it down “safely” you could try the varispeed method by warping the instrumental on “repitch” algorithm and slowing it down 6% (about 1 semitone), so 140 x 0.94 = 131.6 bpm. Then bring the vocals down a semitone on Complex Pro. That way you wouldn’t lose any quality in the instrumental. You’d lose some in the vocals from the transposition, but I don’t think it would be as noticeable.

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:00 am

Sped up is fine for me too. Just need to pull the vocals down as much as 2 dB for a more rock style mix and you're there. :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 am

When changing the tempo of any source on Ableton I just do this:

1. Insert instrumental/acapella
2. Drag either end apart (by this I mean that sometimes when a source is added into Ableton it tries to detect its BPM and start position so it sometimes cuts the beginning out. If you don't so this, you will end up altering the BPM of the whole track except the bit at the start. - just a handy tip!)
3. Click 'Warp'. Click 'Warp' again.
4. Type in your desired BPM into 'Seg. BPM'
5. Change from 'Beats' to 'Complex Pro'

I've never had any issues using this :1grin: (as long as the source quality is decent enough - usually 192kbps+. Depends how much stretching you are doing though!)
Last edited by Don Hector on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 am

As for your mashup, it's sounding much better now. Taking out the high end made a big improvement :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

New version up at faster tempo (less warped original SSPU tempo) and vocals taken down slightly.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:12 am

I'm feeling good with the Final Faster Version, to the front... :1smiley:

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>