Keiko Te Amo(Rihanna Vs Bert H & High N Sick)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: Keiko Te Amo(Rihanna Vs Bert H & High N Sick)

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am

Nice combo, Sgt, welcome back :1smiley:

SgtMash wrote:not giving up yet!

You shouldn't!!

MashGyver wrote:Alternatively, I tried swapping out the chords in that spot with half a bar each of the first and second chords instead of the chord that was there:

No Flash Installed

In the mean time, maybe we’ll hear someone else’s opinion about the clashes...

If you ask me, I would go with the alternative demo suggested by MG, it sounds better IMO :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 am

K, but what about a little beat obfuscation verb on the instrumental and a volume dip & verb wobble on the vocal? not 100% happy with the stepping the instrumental up and down, although it's def the best option harmonically when you listen in isolation to that bit alone, I'm not sure it doesn't stand out as weird against the whole instrumentals structure o.O:

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:44 am

I like this a lot!

Rihanna's calm yet powerful singing goes very well with that classic drum n bass laidback, yet almost frantic, sound.

I haven't listened to the first version, but the 2nd sounds great! ★
Star Man audiovisual transmission logs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb33w ... ns9DMeHKgA

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:10 am

Okay, so I was going to take a stab at that 1:24 transition myself, but the clip you posted didn’t go back that far, so I did a quick YouTube search for the vocal track. First video that popped up was an acapella of the vocals without the backing harmonies and “oohs”. (Is this a bit of the Ke$ha Deja Vu’s?) The rest of that YouTube track has some of the backing vocals too, so I would imagine you could get a multitrack if you wanted to take it that far...

So, anyway, I cut the vocals into two tracks, stretched out the “ver” from “over” about 50%, automated the Wet (pictured) and the Decay Time on the Reverb from 0% up to 100%, and from 1.2 sec to 2.45 sec, respectively. I overlapped with the “Then She Said” part on another track, did a slight fade in, and automated a pan from 26L to Center (pictured) so the two tracks don’t get in the way of each other. This was the simplest solution I could give you--I skipped the Reverse Reverb and all the other bells and whistles. I think it sounds pretty good.

No Flash Installed

You can also hear that the “way” part sounds near the end of the clip sounds quite a bit better pitch-shifted without the backing vocals. I don’t know if I’d replace the whole vocal track but rather find a place to paste and crossfade that part in there. If you’re up for the challenge!

I know you love it when I create more work for you... :1grin: I’m just trying to get you promoted to LieutenantMash!

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 pm

It's a winner combination but there are a few notes that don't sit well. The help you're getting is far superior to anything I could add at this time.

I'm feeling this one, though. I hope you can get it all ironed out. :1grin:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Beautiful mash. Great to see some drum and bass at mashstix.

Ditto what satis5d said, I can't give you any better advice to what's been given already!

2 Star User

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 am

I'm on it & thx guys :)

2 Star User

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:34 am

k, sry this is taking a bit longer than expected - I got the stems, and was working through it, but live crashed and I'm re-jigging from scratch as a result - probably not a bad thing, but annoying all the same ;)

TY my Main Mash o7

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>