(!)Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet v Portugal.The Man)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!)Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet v Portugal.The Man)

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:13 pm

jimmylin - Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet vs Portugal. The Man)

Sources
Blackstreet - No Diggity Acapella
Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still Instrumental

Was debating whether to post this or not, but since the Portugal. The Man instagram and twitter page just shared it, I figured why not give it a shot! There's some major pitch-shifting going on in this one, so I tried to clean it up as much as possible, but discerning ears can definitely still hear the effects of that manipulation. But I think the end product still produces a unique spin on an often-mashedup track (I think this might be my third No Diggity mashup?). Interested to hear your comments. Audio and Music Video below:

No Flash Installed

phpBB [media]

Re: Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet vs Portugal. The Man)

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Great idea! I'm on the fence about this one. The pitch of the instrumental without affecting the time is causing dynamic issues as well has high-end destruction. Sounds like you have done a good job trying to correct this but it is killing the energy of the overall mashup. Would it be possible to speed up the original instrumental from Cm to C#m and Pitch shift the vocals from F#m to C#m? It may sound artifacty but that's the only workable solution I can think of when trying to pair songs that are so far apart without hurting the clarity of your instrumental.

Re: Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet vs Portugal. The Man)

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:09 am

I'm not on the fence. This sounds great to me!

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: (!)Feel It No Diggity Still (Blackstreet v Portugal.The Man)

Post Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

bump

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>