[FP] Body Say Desire (Demi Lovato vs. Starpoint)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[FP] Body Say Desire (Demi Lovato vs. Starpoint)

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Warezio - Body Say Desire (Demi Lovato vs. Starpoint)

Demi Lovato - Body Say (vocal stems)
Starpoint - Object of My Desire (single and instrumental versions)
Demi Lovato - Confident (a few acapella samples)

No need for Hendrix here ... that Starpoint guitar is absolute perfection.

Version 2: (louder vocals)

No Flash Installed

Version 1: (dryer Demi pre-chorus; de-ess)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 2 download link
Last edited by warezio on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Body Say Desire (Demi Lovato vs. Starpoint)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:52 am

Great match, warezio :1cool:

The only thing bothers me here is the vocals of Renée Diggs sounds very dry compared to Demi Lovato, mainly in the chorus like @1:28. If you can give her more reverb it will compensate the difference between them I guess :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:00 am

SMASH wrote:Great match, warezio :1cool:

The only thing bothers me here is the vocals of Renée Diggs sounds very dry compared to Demi Lovato, mainly in the chorus like @1:28. If you can give her more reverb it will compensate the difference between them I guess :1wink:

Yes, this is tricky: Renee is not isolated; meanwhile Demi has a vibrato which is accentuated by increasing the tempo, so I tried to soak her in order to mitigate it, but then there is the mismatch. However the vibrato is most noticeable in the verses, so maybe I ramp Demi into dryness in order to mitigate the transition.

I'll noodle on it.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Nice pairing Warezio.

I agree with Smash about the dryness. I also think the vocals needs a little DE-essing. Everything else is good.

2 Star User

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 am

(Version 1 posted)

SMASH wrote:The only thing bothers me here is the vocals of Renée Diggs sounds very dry compared to Demi Lovato, mainly in the chorus like @1:28. If you can give her more reverb it will compensate the difference between them I guess :1wink:

I was adding a wide stereo delay everywhere. I turned it down for the verses, and got rid of it completely for the pre-chorus (so I'm left with the vocal stem, which is not dry to begin with). In addition to reducing the mismatch at the hand-off to Renée, it brings the pre-chorus vocal to the foreground which is sensible. (By the way ... Renée ... she has an amazing instrument (!).)

Happy Cat Disco wrote: I also think the vocals needs a little DE-essing.

Done. Actually, fun note, I kept trying to tune things to get rid of a lisp on a particular 't' and I couldn't, and then noticed it was in the stem. I guess the stem is already slightly de-essed, but then my tempo change accentuated the plosives again.

Re: (!) Body Say Desire (Demi Lovato vs. Starpoint)

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Latest Version is good. I think the vocals can come up just a little. The instrumental is blurring them a bit now that the s's are under control.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Latest Version is good. I think the vocals can come up just a little. The instrumental is blurring them a bit now that the s's are under control.
Yeah! Bring up those vocals so one of us can FP it!

Great combo! This is quickly becoming the warezio niche: New Age vocalists colliding with under- appreciated classics! And I can dig it!

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 pm

MashGyver wrote:
Happy Cat Disco wrote:Latest Version is good. I think the vocals can come up just a little. The instrumental is blurring them a bit now that the s's are under control.
Yeah! Bring up those vocals so one of us can FP it!

Great combo! This is quickly becoming the warezio niche: New Age vocalists colliding with under- appreciated classics! And I can dig it!

Version 1 sounds much better :1rolleyes:
The FP is waiting for this one the minute the vocals level will set :1wink:

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Well done! ★

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Version 2 posted. +1db for Demi in most places, with +1.5db for the pre-chorus (removing the wet took some energy out).

I'm having some kind of trouble with the posting box, quoting isn't working ... but anyway thanks everyone for the positive feedback. Right now Demi seems to be emphasizing more minimalist production ("Sorry Not Sorry" also very vocal-centric) which is working great for her (and my kids love it) but also creates an opportunity for the mashup artist to reimagine.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>