[EXP] Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-S.Gomez-Sean Paul)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[EXP] Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-S.Gomez-Sean Paul)

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 am

CBXP – Whistle Back Now Ya’ll (Flo-Rida vs. Ludacris vs. Khia vs. Kygo & Selena Gomez vs. Lil Jon & Too Short vs. Sean Paul & Dua Lipa vs. Sak Noel & Salvi)

Flo-Rida – Whistle (Instrumental)
Ludacris – Area Codes
Khia – My Neck My Back
Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
Lil Jon & Too Short – Shake That Monkey
Sean Paul & Dua Lipa – No Lie
Sak Noel & Salvi Ft. Sean Paul - Trumpets

What up everyone. Thanks for even taking the time to listen to this track but I'm just starting to making mashups after playing in punk rock cover bands for way too long. But I've always wanted to give mashups a try and this is one of my first tracks made about a week ago that I'm actually OK with putting out there. So ya hope you guys like it. Thanks.

No Flash Installed

/download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtwo3bpg50ptw ... l.mp3?dl=0

Re: Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-SelenaGomez-SeanPaul)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 pm

First off, WELCOME TO THE SITE!

Good placement on the vocals and the songs energy is very pleasing. I only have a few fix requests before I can recommend if you have the time.

• Khia – My Neck My Back is out of key when she sings. This is most noticeable at the end of the song. I would recommend either cutting her at the moments or Melodyne her to conform to the key.
  • I recommend only playing one "lyric" at any give time. The Zedd parts and the ad-libs are fine but when you have too lyrical moments with words playing at the same time it becomes a little cluttered.
  • I recommend adding smoother fades, echo and reverb to help smooth out the transitions between sections. Right now your transitions have abrupt cut offs that can be a jarring at times.
  • Lastly, I recommend a re-balance of your volume levels. They are mildly uneven as some vocals are quiet and others very loud. This can be fixed with both volume and/or EQ.

Your edit decisions are great. The mash just needs some perfection tweaks.

Re: Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-SelenaGomez-SeanPaul)

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:42 am

Yes, it's obvious that you have the essentials to make decent mashups. You just need to work on the technical side of things. That will come with practice.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Re: [EXP] Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-S.Gomez-Sean Paul)

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 am

Thanks guys, it means a lot that you guys took the time to check out the track. And ya I'm just starting out with making mashups, maybe like just over a month now but all I'm trying to do is practice with making more and more songs. Any suggestions for resources about the technical side of editing and mastering a mashup? I've just been reading as much as I can on Reddit and ADSRsounds.com but they focus more on sound design. Anywho, any more suggestions are greatly appreciated and I'll definitely check out what you guys got. Cheers.

Re: [EXP] Whistle Back (FloRida-Ludacris-Khia-S.Gomez-Sean Paul)

Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 am

Welcome to this house, CBXP :1smiley:

I agree with the others, this one has a potential just needs some more work, but you'r on a good path :1wink:

One comment regarding your submissions here, please try to submit no more than 2 tracks per week, just to give an equals chance for the latest submissions to stay on the first page, and also, since you know what your are doing, it will be a great help if you could comment on others submissions :1smiley:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>