[FP] Relax, Call Ghostbusters (RayParkerJr v Frankie Goes To

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[FP] Relax, Call Ghostbusters (RayParkerJr v Frankie Goes To

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Warezio - Relax, Call Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr. vs. Frankie Goes To Hollywood)

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (stems)
Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (stems)

Halloween mashup time. (Thunderbusters is still #1. :1tongue:)

Version 2: (vocal processing changes)

No Flash Installed

Version 1: (intro tweak)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 2 download link
Last edited by warezio on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2 Star User

Re: Relax, Call Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr. vs. Frankie Goes To

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:24 am

I'm amazed how well this works out. One thing though, I found Frankie's acapella to be grating coming in at 0:05, either due to the quality effect of it being pitched down or the harmonic mismatch with the Ghostbuster siren intro. IMO I would suggest either to remove it or if you want to keep it in, try adding a decent amount of reverb to it.

Other than other, ghost on! :1grin:
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

(Version 1 posted)

Ryson wrote:I'm amazed how well this works out. One thing though, I found Frankie's acapella to be grating coming in at 0:05, either due to the quality effect of it being pitched down or the harmonic mismatch with the Ghostbuster siren intro. IMO I would suggest either to remove it or if you want to keep it in, try adding a decent amount of reverb to it.

Other than other, ghost on! :1grin:

Agreed it was clashing at the beginning, so I mostly cut it, but kept a bit with some verb on it.

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:07 am

Frankie Says Call Ghostbusters!

Love this. The key gap (5 semitones I think) is a bit of a stretch, and it’s a bit noticeable, but for the most part I think you’ve pulled it off.

The use of the stems and the interpolation of the Frankie vocals is masterful, but more importantly, this is just a lot of good clean 80’s fun!

Some possible fine-tuning: Maybe I’m just overzealous when it comes to reverb these days, but I feel like all the vocals could use a touch more. And a touch of Chorus on the FGTH maybe to cover up some of those pitching artifacts, and maybe a boost in some high frequencies for some clarity...

2 Star User

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm

(Version 2 posted)

MashGyver wrote:Love this. The key gap (5 semitones I think) is a bit of a stretch, and it’s a bit noticeable, but for the most part I think you’ve pulled it off.

In my head they were in key :1smiley: but when I tried it there was the 5th issue. I had stems for both so I split the difference and soldiered on.

MashGyver wrote:Some possible fine-tuning: Maybe I’m just overzealous when it comes to reverb these days, but I feel like all the vocals could use a touch more. And a touch of Chorus on the FGTH maybe to cover up some of those pitching artifacts, and maybe a boost in some high frequencies for some clarity...

For version 2, I went with heavy chorus for FGTH because it sounded cool, and then I eq-d up the high end a bit. For both FGTH and RPJ I added some reverb to the vocals.

Re: (!) Relax, Call Ghostbusters (RayParkerJr v Frankie Goes To

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 am

COOL, nice finding and good job all around, warezio :1shocked:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>