(FP) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

(FP) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 am

Image

SMASH - Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Instrumental & Vocals: Rita Ora - Your Song
Vocals: Katy Perry - Bon Appétit ft. Migos
Vocals: Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love
Vocals: Jason Derulo - Breathing
Vocals: Charlie Puth - One Call Away
Vocals: Halsey - Colors
Vocals: Zedd, Liam Payne - Get Low
Vocals: OneRepublic - Wherever I Go

Comments are welcome as always :1wink:

V3

No Flash Installed


Download

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 am

Nice mix :1smiley: Just a pet hate, not a fan of artists shoutout being left in a mix (0:05 - 0:07), especially when there are other artists in the mix.
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:31 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 pm

A perfect mashup Smash ! I really liked it a lot :1smiley:
I do somehow agree with Ryson on the shoutout of artists, but sometimes there is no way around it?

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am

Ryson wrote:Nice mix :1smiley: Just a pet hate, not a fan of artists shoutout being left in a mix (0:05 - 0:07), especially when there are other artists in the mix.

Dj-Legato wrote:A perfect mashup Smash ! I really liked it a lot :1smiley:
I do somehow agree with Ryson on the shoutout of artists, but sometimes there is no way around it?

Thanks guys for the comments :1smiley:
Regarding the artists shoutout, I know what you mean, but for me it's not an issue, so in the meantime I will leave it that way :1wink:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2675
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Great vocal work as always SMASH. The ending is very rich.

Only thing I noticed was Get Low is off phrase. (late from the down beat by 1 1/4 note (beat))

Lastly the ending vocals sound like they are being cut off. I recommend adding something to smooth that out a little bit.


Image

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Great vocal work as always SMASH. The ending is very rich.

Only thing I noticed was Get Low is off phrase. (late from the down beat by 1 1/4 note (beat))

Lastly the ending vocals sound like they are being cut off. I recommend adding something to smooth that out a little bit.


Image

Thanks for the tips and the recommend, HCD :1grin:

Version 2 is up with the fixes for your comments.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2675
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: (!) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Get Low is still off phrase as it would be represented in the original version of the song. It's a beat late. I would take a listen to the original and match your down beats.

The ending feels better but it's still abrupt cut off when "I'm in Love" finishes. I recommend a quarter note delay with some feedback to smooth it out.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: (!) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Get Low is still off phrase as it would be represented in the original version of the song. It's a beat late. I would take a listen to the original and match your down beats.

The ending feels better but it's still abrupt cut off when "I'm in Love" finishes. I recommend a quarter note delay with some feedback to smooth it out.

Thanks for the notes, Happy Cat!

After bringing the beat on spot like in the original "Get Low" I said to my self that I'm going to hate this track, but after a few adjustment and changes I can say that I can live with that.

So Version 3 is up with the following changes:
  • I replaced the first part of "Get Low" @1:03 with a different part from that song.
  • Aligned all parts of "Get Low" according to the original song's beat.
  • About the ending, the words "I'm in love" is part of the instrumental so I can't touch them since they are not isolated, but I think I managed to make it end more nicely.

I'll be happy to know what do you guys think now :1wink:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2347
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 am
Location: Angoulême

Re: (!) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm

SMASH wrote:I'll be happy to know what do you guys think now :1wink:


it's ok for me
FRONTPAGED

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: (!) Everybody's Song (Rita Ora vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 am

DRA'man wrote:
SMASH wrote:I'll be happy to know what do you guys think now :1wink:


it's ok for me
FRONTPAGED

Merci beaucoup mon ami :1wink:

Happy Cat, still interested to know if that what you meant :1smiley:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests