Give Life Back to Adventure (Coldplay x Daft Punk)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Give Life Back to Adventure (Coldplay x Daft Punk)

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Daft Punk - Give Life Back to Music
Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime

v5:

No Flash Installed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7fsawiptkl5e ... re%205.mp3
v4:

No Flash Installed

I've always wanted to mash Give Life Back to Music with something, and I think I've found the perfect match :)

The DIY AOAL acapella is far from perfect, but GLBTM hides any artifacts pretty well.
Last edited by Drazile on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Give Life Back to Adventure (Coldplay x Daft Punk)

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 am

It is a perfect match, but every time you are using the mental from Coldplay on top of Daft Punk it's sounds a bit messy to me.
I think it would be better without the Coldplay mental all around, but let see what the others will say... :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 pm

It's a great combo.

Regarding the mix.
  • DIY AOAL acapella sounds good in the mix, no worries there.
  • The opening (0:00-0:17) is a bit crowded, but maybe what's happening is that AOAL is compressing down the bass/percussion in GLBTM? I think it works harmonically so maybe AOAL just needs to be turned down, and/or (if you are using a compressor somewhere in the chain) the compressor settings need to be tweaked. Ditto at circa 1:55 and circa 2:59.
  • At circa 0:49 the DP background vocals are competing with the lead vocals. I think this can be fixed with EQ, or (best option if possible) chopping up the instrumental to avoid the problem.

This one is worth investing the extra effort.

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 am

Adding on to what warezio said in his post, acapella sound buried in the track. Raise the volume up by +1db or so. Also, a teeny reverb wouldn't hurt :1wink:
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Version 2 is up!
* intro guitar was turned down, EQd slightly and had panning adjusted a bit
* vocals turned up a bit, EQd a little and added a small reverb
* the intrumental was chopped up at 0:49 to remove background vocals. It's not perfect, as it is a different part of the song, but it also isn't noticeable and sounds fine regardless.

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Going from great to greater. 0:49 is seamless and working now.

The AOAL guitar parts are much improved, but personally I would nudge down the AOAL guitar a bit more, because over the monitors it still sounds a bit crowded. You really only need enough of the guitar to create the surprise of familiarity, and the rest of the song has a really clean crisp mix.

1 star User

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Alright, version 3 is up. The only change is that the AOAL guitar is even quieter :1smiley:

2 Star User

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Drazile wrote:Alright, version 3 is up. The only change is that the AOAL guitar is even quieter :1smiley:

Hey, this is great. Now I can hear an interesting interaction between the GLBTM guitar and the AOAL guitar.

However (the work is never done!), the transition at 0:17 is pretty abrupt. I'm not quite sure how to fix it, I would try things like 360-echo of the AOAL guitar at the end, some reverb with a slow decay, or a transient shaper. The goal would be to get the volume levels to adjust more slowly, especially for the mid-to-high spectrum.

For some reason I don't feel the problem as acutely at 2:11. Perhaps the GLBTM vocal there has the right spectral characteristics to smooth the transition.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 am

warezio wrote:(the work is never done!), the transition at 0:17 is pretty abrupt

Agree!

Did you try without using the instrumental of "Adventure of a Lifetime" in the start? Not that I'm pushing you to do so, it's just sounds strange, a bit crowded and I guess that makes the abrupt transition Warezio mentioned.
In addition, in version 3 the vocals sounds a bit lost, try to lowered the mid range freq and raise the gain of the vocals :1wink:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>