Mashstix Mashoff #55 - Reggaeton Music

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Mashstix Mashoff #55 - Reggaeton Music

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 am

RULES:

"Reggaeton (also known as reggaetón and reguetón) is a musical genre which originated in Puerto Rico during the late 1990s. It is influenced by hip hop and Latin American and Caribbean music. Vocals include rapping and singing, typically in Spanish".
(From Wikipedia).

This genre gets more and more popular these days, and we can't argue with the success of the number 1 hit "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee, which is the most viewed video on YouTube, with over 3.8 billion views as of October 1, 2017.

So, the only rule for this month contest is to include at least one source from this genre, acapella or instrumental.

In case you're going to use instrumental, bare in mind that this music style usually sounds monotonic, and your challenge is to make it interesting enough to get the listeners attention and votes.
If you wish, you can mix some beats and samples like this on top of other instrumental from different genre.

List of Reggaeton musicians

Please note: Reggaeton is not Reggae! it's a younger genre and has a different rhythm.

Good luck to ya'll :1wink:

THE 5-STEP DESCRIPTION:

• At the start of every month, the (newly entitled) Emperor of MashStix posts a thread containing details of the challenge, for Example: 'Mashups 90bpm or slower with the theme of love'. They should also include the '5-Step Description' and the 'FAQ'.

• The post will then shortly be stickied to the top of the 'Submit Mashups' section for all to see and respond to with their entries. Entries must be in by the 20th.
  • A vote will be created within that thread for everyone to vote on who should win and become the new Emperor (the vote can be created by the current emperor so please don't wait for a mod to do it as we are a busy people)

• On the 27th (or until the last day of the month at the current emperor's choice) the poll shall end and a the new emperor will be chosen.

• The winning track will then be featured on the Frontpage!

FAQ:

> How should I post my mashup?
Entries are to be posted in the thread using the players in the same way as you would on the main mashstix board (i.e. via Dropbox, hearthis, soundcloud or your own webspace), including details of the tracks used.

> Can I use a mashup that I've made previously?
No, that would be cheating!

> What if there is a tie!?
All ties will be settled by the Emperor (sounds like a worthy title now, doesn't it?)

> I didn't win, what can I do with my mashup?
If you are particularly proud of your mashup but didn't win then feel free to post your mashup in the 'Submit Mashup' section as you ordinarily would.

> What do I do if I'm confused??
PM 'DJ Firth' or another mod if you notice they are active

> So the Emperor get's to choose the next challenge and settle tie breakers, anything else?
The Emperor will attain limitless glory for all of eternity (and bragging rights)[/quote]

2 Star User

Speaking About Despacito...

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 pm

SMASH wrote:... we can't argue with the success of the number 1 hit "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee, which is the most viewed video on YouTube, with over 3.8 billion views as of October 1, 2017.

Mashup name: Error En Despacito
(Image Pic In Drawing Board ATM)

It's rather preferable to hear satis5d's Train Wreck than making a reggaeton-related mash...

...UNLESS I CAN JINX IT ALOT! :1grin:

Luis Fonsi ft Daddy Yankee - Despacito (vocals)
Breaking Benjamin - Failure (instrumental)

DL It Here

No Flash Installed

When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: Mashstix Mashoff #55 - Reggaeton Music

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 am

GladiLord wrote:Luis Fonsi ft Daddy Yankee - Despacito (vocals)
Breaking Benjamin - Failure (instrumental)

Great entry, Gladi :1shocked:
We can say that the contest has began now :1smiley:

Couple of suggestions:
You can lower the mid range freq, use more reverb on the vocals (it's a bit dry), and I might think of using kind of Flanger or Distortion effect too, it might also help to hide this DIY pella :1wink:

I hope the others working hard on their entries, it's so quite here :1huh:

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Hey! This was a fun challange SMASH ! Im normally a House Dj, so for me this Reggaeton genre is a bit unusual to say the least.. Not sure if the Despacito track counts as a Reggaeton tune? But you've used it as an example so i hope its OK ?
This is my first entry on the challenge, i hope you all like it :1laugh:

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee Vs Timbaland And Magoo Ft Missy - Cop That Shit !

V1

No Flash Installed

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Warezio - Me Enamoré and the Rhythm

Selena Gomez - Me and the Rhythm (acapella)
Shakira - Me Enamoré (zona instrumental)

Interesting Mashoff theme ... I listened to a bunch of songs I normally wouldn't. Overall they are slower than I am used to, but fortunately Selena is also taking her time.

Also would have worked two mashoffs ago even though "Me" is not the same word.

Version 0 (still needs vocal level adjustments):

No Flash Installed

Version 0 download link

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:33 am

Nice entries so far, guys :1rolleyes:

Dj-Legato wrote:Not sure if the Despacito track counts as a Reggaeton tune? But you've used it as an example so i hope its OK ?

Sure it's OK, Despacito categorized under the genre of Reggaeton, Latin pop, Dance/electronic and Pop.

Remind all the others, we are in the last week before starting the voting phase, in case you didn't start working on your entry, it's about time :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Am i allowed to make a second entry ? Ive read the rules, but couldn't find anything regarding this?

I found a new acapella that fit better on the instrumental.
and i want this to be my entry for the contest.
Please do remove it, if this is breaking any rules.

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee Vs Taylor Swift - Shake that despacito off

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:37 am

Lol explanation of what reggaeton is

Ayway, here are some reggaetón nice tracks in case you like to listen:
David Van Bylen – Bob Marley & The Wailers vs. Snap! vs. Osmani Garcia & Dayami La Musa feat. Pitbull & Sensato vs. Bongo Botrako feat. La Pegatina vs. Molotov – Marley Power Taxi
Sick-O – Run D.M.C. feat. Aerosmith vs. Calle 13 – Atrévete This Way
Tato Santana – Daddy Yankee vs. Michael Jackson – Shakychea About Us
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montaditos-2016/

Dj. Surda – Mark Mothersbaugh vs. Gente De Zona feat. Marc Anthony – Rugrats Gozadera
Starjack – Don Omar feat. Lucenzo vs. Martin Solveig & GTA – Danza Kuduro (Intoxicated Party Starter)
Mike Morato – INNA feat. J Balvin vs. Enur feat. Natasja vs. Peter Gelderblom & Subcquence vs. Tito Puente Jr. & India – Cola Song (MashCat Edit)
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montaditos-2015/

DJ Surda – Rage Against The Machine vs. Alex Ferrari vs. Michel Teló – Killing In The Name Of Bará Berê
DeeM – Gusttavo Lima vs. Zouk Machine vs. Tacabro vs. Alex Ferrari vs. Michel Teló – Fiesta Latina
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montad ... ella-2012/

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Dj-Legato wrote:Am i allowed to make a second entry ? Ive read the rules, but couldn't find anything regarding this?

I found a new acapella that fit better on the instrumental.
and i want this to be my entry for the contest.
Please do remove it, if this is breaking any rules.

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee Vs Taylor Swift - Shake that despacito off

Cool idea, Legato :1cool:
As for your request for a second entry, well, I'm almost 2 years here in Mashstix and I didn't see in any contest more than 1 entry per contestant, and I don't think it will be fair for the others :1undecided:
Because of lack of entries I want so much to say yes, but I think we should stay with 1 entry per each, hope you'll understand.
In any case you are free to change your entry anytime until the voting period will start, just update your original post.
BTW, I'm not sure if this combo keeps the key on spot everywhere, I need to give it a fresh listen.
Let me know which one you choose :1wink:

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:43 pm

DJ Surda wrote:Lol explanation of what reggaeton is

Ayway, here are some reggaetón nice tracks in case you like to listen:
David Van Bylen – Bob Marley & The Wailers vs. Snap! vs. Osmani Garcia & Dayami La Musa feat. Pitbull & Sensato vs. Bongo Botrako feat. La Pegatina vs. Molotov – Marley Power Taxi
Sick-O – Run D.M.C. feat. Aerosmith vs. Calle 13 – Atrévete This Way
Tato Santana – Daddy Yankee vs. Michael Jackson – Shakychea About Us
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montaditos-2016/

Dj. Surda – Mark Mothersbaugh vs. Gente De Zona feat. Marc Anthony – Rugrats Gozadera
Starjack – Don Omar feat. Lucenzo vs. Martin Solveig & GTA – Danza Kuduro (Intoxicated Party Starter)
Mike Morato – INNA feat. J Balvin vs. Enur feat. Natasja vs. Peter Gelderblom & Subcquence vs. Tito Puente Jr. & India – Cola Song (MashCat Edit)
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montaditos-2015/

DJ Surda – Rage Against The Machine vs. Alex Ferrari vs. Michel Teló – Killing In The Name Of Bará Berê
DeeM – Gusttavo Lima vs. Zouk Machine vs. Tacabro vs. Alex Ferrari vs. Michel Teló – Fiesta Latina
http://www.mashcat.net/descargas/montad ... ella-2012/

Great suff, Surda, and where is your entry for the contest? :1huh:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>