(!) Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!) Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Adam Dutch - Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Sources:
Lady Gaga- The Cure (Acapella)
The Cure- Lullaby (Extended Mix)

I know there will probably be 242,644 Lady Gaga mashups shortly and I usually don't like doing the same artist over again from previous mashups, but this has been in my head for a while. The original idea was do to a Cure medley since they are one of my favourite bands but decided to keep it simple. The Extended mix from the Mixed Up album is about 7 minutes long. To keep with Cure tradition, the intro is long but the extended mix had some great different sections for arrangement.

First Draft:

No Flash Installed

Download

Version II:

No Flash Installed

Download

phpBB [media]
Last edited by DJAdamDutch on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:15 am

Nice finding, Adam, I must say, it's working pretty good together and I like it :1cool:

Couple of things before I'll give it my vote:
  • The Lady vocals sounds a bit too loud at times, mainly in the chorus.
  • In addition, I think it will sounds better if you'll cut a bit the high ends frequencies on her channel.
  • I also think that you can add more reverb/delay in the verses to help her gel more nicely there.
  • Regarding the intro, you can try to fill it with "I'll be the cure (be the cure)" from the chorus lines, like in the end (just a creative suggestion) :1wink:

BTW, The Cure is one of my favorite band and this mental is also waiting in my queue for a long time, hopefully to find him nice match like this some day :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 am

\o/ The Cure was my teenage addiction this is great...I might deliberately flatten the vocal a touch too make her sound even more 'Curesque'

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:09 am

Nice one, Adam. I look forward to what will become of this one.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks guys. Here are the changes.

SMASH wrote:
  • The Lady vocals sounds a bit too loud at times, mainly in the chorus.
  • In addition, I think it will sounds better if you'll cut a bit the high ends frequencies on her channel.
  • I also think that you can add more reverb/delay in the verses to help her gel more nicely there.
  • Regarding the intro, you can try to fill it with "I'll be the cure (be the cure)" from the chorus lines, like in the end (just a creative suggestion) :1wink:

1. Chorus brought down along with some other sections.
2. More Reverb Effect added through most of song and delays added in certain sections.
3. Vocal ad libs added

SgtMash wrote:\o/ The Cure was my teenage addiction this is great...I might deliberately flatten the vocal a touch too make her sound even more 'Curesque'
Vocal tags in

4. Vocals down by 15 cents or so.

SMASH wrote:
BTW, The Cure is one of my favorite band and this mental is also waiting in my queue for a long time, hopefully to find him nice match like this some day :1tongue:

I wish there were more Cure instrumentals and stems out there than Just Like Heaven. You would figure that with a catalogue as big as theirs, there would be more stuff readily available.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am

Version II is a marked improvement, Adam. I'm loving the vibe of this one.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: (!) Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Sounds like there is a 5ths key issue here.

Re: (!) Gaga Sings a Lullaby (Lady Gaga vs. The Cure)

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:59 am

Oh man, I just think this track is so hot. The second the instrumental came in, it was like instant shock to the system, very cool. It's also really well produced - such cool effects used.

Honestly, I did hear notes about (scattered sparsely) that could be better pitched differently, but I really feel they are few between and relatively harmless.

I don't know if you want to go deeper into this one or not, but we could probably help you pinpoint the few spots and maybe also help in how to repitch them.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>