(FP) Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 am

That's sounds much better at the drum roll and I like the new phrasing changes.

The phased/flanged/delayed?! toms make the timing feel just hinkey- like the vocal is a fraction off(behind?!) the instrumental to my ears, but it could be the timing in the toms fx are just bugging my ears against the vocals transients (is that the right word?) and it's actually in time idk.

I had an accidental mashup moment with Run DMC Walk this Way playing in another tab when I fired up V.3 and the guitar riff dropped almost (relative term as my skills improve thanks to you guys) right on - not suggesting it's got a place here; just love it when that happens - Walk Your Humps This Way maybe? :1laugh:

Re: Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Version 3 sounds good to me, I will give it an early recommend, but I think you should visit your studio with this one, at least, for a small little fix :1tongue:
I think the phrase @2:18-2:20 is not sitting nicely on the beat, it sounds like it needs to be stretched a bit.

All in all I like the outcome :1rolleyes:

Re: (!) Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Thanks SMASH, I've made the timing correction on the spot between 2:18-2:20. This one is now complete. If it doesn't make the front-page. I'm okay with that. In fact, it might be a good thing. :1wink:

Version 4 (final) is up
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: (!) Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 pm

satis5d wrote:I'm okay with that. In fact, it might be a good thing. :1wink:

Sorry, buddy, this one’s going on your Permanent Record (hiney picture and all!)

EDIT: Okay, well the server seems to have censored your picture anyway :1tongue: Congrats on your 100th Front Page, though! :1cool:

Re: (FP) Strutting My Humps (Sheena Easton vs. Black Eyed Peas)

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am

MashGyver wrote:Sorry, buddy, this one’s going on your Permanent Record (hiney picture and all!)

EDIT: Okay, well the server seems to have censored your picture anyway :1tongue: Congrats on your 100th Front Page, though! :1cool:

Paul must have fixed the cover art problem. :1cheesy:

Thanks for the congratulations on the milestone. From what I can tell, I'm the 3rd artist to get 100 Front-pages (DRA'man and Happy Cat Disco being 1 and 2.) I expect that SMASH will be #4 although LeeDM101 is fairly close (around 90) but we don't see him posting much any more.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>