[FP]Dont Hold Me Under Tragedy(Jax Jones v Multiple Artists)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP]Dont Hold Me Under Tragedy(Jax Jones v Multiple Artists)

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:33 pm

SMASH - Don't Hold Me Under Tragedy (Jax Jones vs. Multiple Artists)

Instrumetnal & Vocals: Jax Jones - You Don't Know Me ft. RAYE
Vocals: Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holding Me Back
Vocals: Queen - Under Pressure
Vocals: Bee Gees - Tragedy
Vocals: Kat DeLuna - Forever ft. Natel
Vocals: Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
Instrumental & Vocals: Madonna - Holiday
Vocals: Men At Work - Down Under

I think this one will make you move in your chair :1rolleyes:
Comments are welcome as always :1wink:

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

1 star User

Re: Don't Hold Me Under Tragedy (Jax Jones vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Everythings blends so well together, it's super impressive, I have nothing more to say!

1 star User

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Had that Jax track sat on my desktop, along with the original Booka Shade track https://youtu.be/aG2OMvyR9AI for the last 6 months and failed to find anything that was gonna do it / them / either justice, now there's officially no point, 'cos this is just too on point \o/

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Very cool edits. :1cool: The only comments I have are minor mix comments. Feel free to try and address, if you're up for the headache.

• Kat DeLuna - Forever ft. Natel has some very high-end breathy sounds that makes it stand out a little more the the others. Can you EQ or mutiband comp the high's to help pull her inline?
  • Madonna - Holiday sounds a little lower in energy and clarity than the others. It may be fixable with a heavy handed limiter and possible high end EQ until her consonants are on the same level as the others. Shawn Mendes would be a good energy and clarity level to match. :1smiley:

That's it. The mix generally sounds great and the song moves really well. Nice work!

Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 am

Cryoclaste wrote:Everythings blends so well together, it's super impressive, I have nothing more to say!

SgtMash wrote:Had that Jax track sat on my desktop, along with the original Booka Shade track https://youtu.be/aG2OMvyR9AI for the last 6 months and failed to find anything that was gonna do it / them / either justice, now there's officially no point, 'cos this is just too on point \o/

Thanks guys for the feedback :1smiley: I'm glad you like it, and Sgt, there is always room for your interpretation for any of those sources :1wink:

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Very cool edits. :1cool: The only comments I have are minor mix comments. Feel free to try and address, if you're up for the headache.

• Kat DeLuna - Forever ft. Natel has some very high-end breathy sounds that makes it stand out a little more the the others. Can you EQ or mutiband comp the high's to help pull her inline?
  • Madonna - Holiday sounds a little lower in energy and clarity than the others. It may be fixable with a heavy handed limiter and possible high end EQ until her consonants are on the same level as the others. Shawn Mendes would be a good energy and clarity level to match. :1smiley:

That's it. The mix generally sounds great and the song moves really well. Nice work!

Thanks for the recommend, dude :1grin:
I've try to implement your recommendations, hope I did good :1wink:

Version 2 is up

Re: (!)Dont Hold Me Under Tragedy(Jax Jones v Multiple Artists)

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 am

Big sound out of these headphones. It's like a nightclub in my head, and I didn't have to pay a cover charge!

My favorite part is the Bee Gees and "under pressure".

There's nothing holding me back:

OMG FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE

I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

1 star User

Re: [FP]Dont Hold Me Under Tragedy(Jax Jones v Multiple Artists)

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Very cool blend, i love these multi mashups and you nailed it !!!
The way you use the lyrics is far beyond my imagination, nice work :1wink:

Re: [FP]Dont Hold Me Under Tragedy(Jax Jones v Multiple Artists)

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks YITT for the FP, I like your front page image :1wink: and thank you, Legato, for the comment, I'm happy you like it as well :1smiley:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>