Closer Submarines (The Chainsmokers v The Lumineers)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Closer Submarines (The Chainsmokers v The Lumineers)

Post Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 pm

DAW-GUN - Closer Submarines (The Chainsmokers vs The Lumineers)

I asked a friend which bands she likes - she said The Chainsmokers and The Lumineers. So I wove these two together. Let me know what you think!

Acapella: Closer by The Chainsmokers
Instrumental: Submarines by The Lumineers

No Flash Installed

Re: Closer Submarines (The Chainsmokers v The Lumineers)

Post Sat May 20, 2017 7:55 pm

The two songs have such different rhythm structures that having the two songs together is causing issues for me. You do a good job of working Closer into the instrumental, but then once I hear the Lumineers sing, it makes the Chainsmokers sound all wrong. I think in order to make this work you'll have to stick with a pure instrumental and feature only the Chainsmokers as singers.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

2 Star User

Post Sat May 20, 2017 10:37 pm

satis5d,
I know exactly what you mean. It was striking me as being weird too, but since it was the unaltered Lumineers, I thought it was just me. I'm away from my music computer for a few days, but I'll make the change when I get back. Thanks for the feedback.

Post Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am

satis5d wrote:The two songs have such different rhythm structures that having the two songs together is causing issues for me. You do a good job of working Closer into the instrumental, but then once I hear the Lumineers sing, it makes the Chainsmokers sound all wrong. I think in order to make this work you'll have to stick with a pure instrumental and feature only the Chainsmokers as singers.

I agree with this.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>