(FP) The Rayman Linkin Park Goes To Hollywood

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(FP) The Rayman Linkin Park Goes To Hollywood

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 am

This mash was created to immediately replace the train-wreck that was my last mix, It's a special mix that also includes a interview type of intro where Mike Shinoda was talking about Linkin Park's hip hop influences while creating Hybrid Theory I couldn't think of a more appropriate interview to incorporate in a introduction, Without further ado enjoy :)

Sources Used
Linkin Park In The End Studio Acapella as well as some Guitar from the multitrack towards the end.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood Relax New York Mix

V1

No Flash Installed

V2

No Flash Installed

V3

No Flash Installed

V4

No Flash Installed

V4 With Interview

No Flash Installed

Download the first version here https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/91 ... 443024.mp3

Download the second version here
https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/17 ... 323333.mp3]

Download the third version here
https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/13 ... 408731.mp3

Download the fourth version here
https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/15 ... 705211.mp3

Download the fourth version with the interview here
https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/15 ... 104550.mp3

NOTE About the Glitched Vocals: During LP's first two albums and ocasionally on A Thousand Suns they used a glitched out effect on most of their vocals on their tracks so that was intentional on their part kind of adds a grittiness to their sound, They often would glitch out their vocals chop up a sample and their DJ would also add a little bit of scratches to their vocals or to a sample.
Last edited by TheRayMan on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: The Rayman Linkin Park Goes To Hollywood

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am

First, Ray, I want to commend you for getting back on the horse after that last mashup. I'm guessing the feedback was discouraging (though that wasn't our intention), so to see you come back with a rebounder is a very positive sign, and it reflects well on your character as a man. :1cool:

I think that this mashup has real front-page potential. It's got lots of little issues, but we can help you through those. Here's what I picked up: (times are approximate)

1. 0:32 there's a click that needs to be removed
2. 0:41 there's a flutter that needs to be ironed out
3. 0:55 sounds like the instrumental is breaking up a bit
4. 0:59-1:24 This is the biggest one, the acapella part that starts with "watch you go..." is at least one second late. If you moved that whole section ahead about 1 second into it's notch the whole mix will be greatly improved. The same thing happens again later in the song.

I look forward to hearing this one with these corrections.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I agree with Satis5d. I also feel the vocals are a little too loud by like 1db or so.

The pairing is solid. :1smiley:

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:04 am

Epic combo, RayMan! This one has some serious potential, and it’s not far from reaching it. I do agree that the vocals are too loud in relation to the instrumental, but I wonder if you could bring the instrumental up rather than the vocals down. The track seems a bit on the quiet side.

To my ears the vocals sound a beat behind the instrumental the whole time. Right around 0:33 there are two consecutive tones played on the synth lead (a B and an E to be precise). On the second tone, the beat kicks in, which is where I would put the word “one” as in "It starts with one thing…" I have a feeling if you get that lined up a lot of other parts later in the song will line up a bit better.

The guitars are a nice touch too. Looking forward to seeing this one polished to perfection!

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:08 am

MashGyver wrote:To my ears the vocals sound a beat behind the instrumental the whole time. Right around 0:33 there are two consecutive tones played on the synth lead (a B and an E to be precise). On the second tone, the beat kicks in, which is where I would put the word “one” as in "It starts with one thing…" I have a feeling if you get that lined up a lot of other parts later in the song will line up a bit better.

That was my feeling before reading the comments here, and then I saw MG's comment which approve my assessment :1smiley:
I also think the vocal placement is late by a second, should start @0:32 IMO.

Good catch Rayman :1wink:

1 star User

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

You can now listen to Version 2 in my original post, I literally had to re-do it FOUR times to get it right, I also left a note in the additional post regarding the glitched out vocals so you can read that if you like, But yeah I spent at least 4-5 days working on V2, I hope you enjoy it if not I can go back to the drawing board and create a third version thanks for the critique guys and have a good one.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Now, I think you’ve got them too early. We’ll see what SMASH or anyone else thinks. I really feel like the word “one” should land on the first kick drum which starts right at 0:36 on the V2 Preview Player’s clock (I realize the timestamp may vary on your DAW.) V1 was only a tad bit late for me, like 1 single beat of the kick drum.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 am

MashGyver wrote:Now, I think you’ve got them too early. We’ll see what SMASH or anyone else thinks. I really feel like the word “one” should land on the first kick drum which starts right at 0:36 on the V2 Preview Player’s clock (I realize the timestamp may vary on your DAW.) V1 was only a tad bit late for me, like 1 single beat of the kick drum.

Agreed!

Rayman, I will try to make a little demo for you as how I see it, hopefully later on today :1wink:

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 am

Rayman, here is the demo as how I think it should be sound like, hope everyone will agree with me :1wink:

No Flash Installed

One thing though, I had to add 1 semi-tone to the pella, but anyway, I noticed that the instrumental is Em while the pella is D#m so I don't know if it could work all the way, as far as I know they are not related in key :1undecided:

1 star User

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 am

Version 3 has now been uploaded with the changes that both Angus and SMASH mentioned as a result the timing is way better than the previous two versions, Once again check out V3 in the original post.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>