(FP) I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynn Vs Xandra)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP) I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynn Vs Xandra)

Post Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynne Vs Xandra)

Instrumental: Xandra - Nowhere | https://youtu.be/6N662SrecDA
Vocal: Jess Glynne (Clean Bandit) - Rather Be | https://youtu.be/m-M1AtrxztU

Well hello again. My PC crashed, and then kids holidays started so I had a slight accidental hiatus.
B4 I go try resurrect the bits I was working on I wanted to drop this lil fun thing I did for the JACR 5th anniversary mix I'm working on...

V.3a is 4 (I overwrote the file on dropbox with old one accidentally should be right now o.O) | Levels, EQ & tiny pitch, timing & fade edits

No Flash Installed

V.5 | Added spacey verb n delay, some EQ amends, slight retime & echo into break

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/idxk5ntyersyw0 ... e%20V6.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

2 Star User

Re: I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynn Vs Xandra)

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:45 am

Well with a hangover the vocal sounds a tiny bit sharp?!, but I think drunk n mash works :1laugh:

Re: I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynn Vs Xandra)

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 am

Well, I was beginning to think there may be something to the alien abduction idea. :1laugh:
It's nice to have you back. And after listening to this mashup it's definitely you, and not some alien-abducted imposter. :1wink:

The mix seems really loud. I had turn down the volume to avoid hurting my ears with the headphones. But other than that it's classic Sgt.Mash doin' his thang!

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

2 Star User

Re: (!) I'd Rather Be Nowhere (Jess Glynn Vs Xandra)

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 am

Yea it is a bit loud - was in a mix I'm putting together that's not really finalised yet - I've tweaked the levels a little and will upload a new version - I've done a tiny bit of timing / eq & reverb edits on it today too so will re-up

V.3 be above shortly^^

Good to be back <3

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Welcome back, Sarge! Was actually starting to worry about you :1wink:

This is the distinct sound of SgtMash that I’ve been missing for about a month! Been very stressful and needed a nice soothing track like this to relax to :1grin:

Jess seems slowed down and stretched an awful lot. You might consider a whole track varispeed up by 3% if it doesn’t kill the mood, which it might…

She also could maybe use a boost in the mids and some more spacey reverb to match the ambience. Nothing major--just some thoughts.

2 Star User

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Ah, a sweet chill vibe for these hot summer nights.

Things get really quiet at 2:24, which is quite nice actually. But then the vocals came back in, not hot per se, but harsh and forward. Perhaps this the same thing MashGyver is saying, adding some reverb might smooth it out.

2 Star User

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:07 am

TY guys - I find I listen to the drag more and more with each listen too , so will try the vari-speed and see what happens, then look at EQ n more spacey reverb.

1 star User

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm

This fits well Sgt.Mash :-) A nice pairing you did! However i Would like to hear you adding an ecko from around 02:08 and into the next verse ? Just a thought, it is brilliant as it is, nice work :1wink:

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:54 am

Nice and chill combo, Sgt :1rolleyes:
I have nothing to add here, I guess we are waiting for your next version, right?

2 Star User

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:20 am

SMASH wrote:Nice and chill combo, Sgt :1rolleyes:
I have nothing to add here, I guess we are waiting for your next version, right?

Yep ;) the missus is away and I'm fielding the kids n stuff so slight delay possible :p

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>