(!) Pumped Up Good Day (Ice Cube vs. Foster the People)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(!) Pumped Up Good Day (Ice Cube vs. Foster the People)

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Warezio - Pumped Up Good Day (Ice Cube vs. Foster the People ft. Jimi Hendrix)

Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day (Acapella)
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (Stems)
Jimi Hendrix - Spanish Castle Magic (Guitar Solo)

For some reason, I had to hear this. Not just real life on pause, but another mashup I should be working on ...

Version 1 (tempo +5%):

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link
Last edited by warezio on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Pumped Up Good Day (Ice Cube vs. Foster the People ft. Jimi

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:59 am

Sometimes Ice Cube sounds a bit slow, but not enough to make the timing sound wrong.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

2 Star User

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 am

satis5d wrote:Sometimes Ice Cube sounds a bit slow, but not enough to make the timing sound wrong.

Yes, this has been bothering me a bit. This instrumental doesn't like being sped up, but I think there is a bit of wiggle room. I'll play around with it.

2 Star User

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am

(Version 1 posted)

warezio wrote:This instrumental doesn't like being sped up, but I think there is a bit of wiggle room.

+5% seemed to be the tolerable limit, but fortunately that relieves some of the pressure on Cube.

Re: (!) Pumped Up Good Day (Ice Cube vs. Foster the People)

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm not sure this works for me, mainly because of the speed as Satis5d mentioned. Unfortunately. increasing the speed has added artifacts to the track. :1sad:

Post Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:21 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I'm not sure this works for me, mainly because of the speed as Satis5d mentioned. Unfortunately. increasing the speed has added artifacts to the track. :1sad:

+1

I'm hearing the artifacts sounds in version 0 as well, although it's a good idea, I'm not feeling comfortable with this one as it is :1undecided:

2 Star User

Post Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm

SMASH wrote:I'm hearing the artifacts sounds in version 0 as well, although it's a good idea, I'm not feeling comfortable with this one as it is

The DIY acapella had some slight issues to begin with, that got magnified with the stretching.

The lesson for me is to get better at anticipating problems in the demo stage (in this case, large tempo difference) instead of painting myself into a corner.

I can go back and rework things with a faster instrumental, however the choruses might seemed rushed. It's mostly the vocals that seem rushed during the chorus, maybe I can turn them down and play something else (e.g., clips from "The Wire") over them.

I'll noodle on it.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>