(!) Midnight City Like This (M83, Chainsmokers, Coldplay)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!) Midnight City Like This (M83, Chainsmokers, Coldplay)

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm

M83 vs. The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay - Midnight City Like This

No Flash Installed

Sources:
M83 - Midnight City
The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay - Something Just Like This

DOWNLOAD HERE!

2 Star User

Re: LM - Midnight City Like This (M83, Chainsmokers, Coldplay)

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:18 pm

I really like this. I think this is better than you taylor swift mashup that you did with midnight city. I think that the mental is kind of over powering the vocals a little bit.
Brewing up some of your favorite morning mixes.

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

DJ J-Brew wrote:I really like this. I think this is better than you taylor swift mashup that you did with midnight city. I think that the mental is kind of over powering the vocals a little bit.

Thank you! Ironically, I thought of my Swift/M83 mashup as well, and I prefer this one to it too! I did a lot to make sure the vocals evened out, but which parts do you think the instrumental overpowers it?

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:07 am

Nice mashup, Logan. If there is any spot where the vocals are overpowered by the instrumental (and I'm not so sure there are any) it would be the first few seconds of the two verses. I'm comfortable with it as it is.

BTW, now that they've been revealed, I see that your contest mashup for round 2 of LiteRecords was one of my favorites. Are we going to see that one posted here? I hope so.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: (!) Midnight City Like This (M83, Chainsmokers, Coldplay)

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 am

This is an excellent combo.

A while ago for me the M83 instrumental might have elicited a mutter of "not this one again," but enough time has passed to make it tolerable.

The verses sound great. I'm no coldplay fan by any means, but the music's progession and percussion really bring Chris Martin to life (not an easy feat IMO).

I'm going to reserve judgement on the choruses. I don't think the music overpowers the vocal, but there seems to be some work needed on the overall levels. I might be wrong but it seems the music could come down 1db, and if that makes the vocal too loud then the vocal would need the same treatment, or maybe 0.5db.

I'll wait to see if Those With The Golden Ears agree. :1wink:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>