(FP) DJ SeVe - Katy Perry vs. The Weeknd

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP) DJ SeVe - Katy Perry vs. The Weeknd

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 am

Hi here is my new Mashup :1smiley:
Hope you like it :1smiley:

DJ SeVe - Can't Feel The Rhythm (Katy Rerry vs. The Weeknd)

The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.com/uploads/tracks/14 ... 532037.mp3

Re: DJ SeVe - Can't Feel The Rhythm (Katy Rerry vs. The Weeknd)

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 am

This combination sounds so much like the original that I went to YouTube to check that it wasn't the same. It definitely sounds like a seemless match, but I'm not so sure that I'm a fan of a mashup that sounds so much like the original. :1undecided:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am

satis5d wrote:This combination sounds so much like the original that I went to YouTube to check that it wasn't the same. It definitely sounds like a seemless match, but I'm not so sure that I'm a fan of a mashup that sounds so much like the original. :1undecided:

Thanks für your comment satis5d :1smiley:
If you mean that it sounds so much as the original it means to me a big compliment :1wink:
I had the same Feeling so i did this Mashup :1smiley:

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:21 am

DJ SeVe wrote:Thanks für your comment satis5d :1smiley:
If you mean that it sounds so much as the original it means to me a big compliment :1wink:
I had the same Feeling so i did this Mashup :1smiley:

Great! It was meant to be a compliment. I'm impressed. :1smiley:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm impressed too :1smiley:

I agree with satis5d, this combo sounds very much like the original, so you definitely succeed bringing 2 similar songs to become as one, the question is if this what the listeners are looking for in mashups.
SeVe, You did a good job with the layout and its sounds great, but maybe if you can bring also the vocals from the Weeknd inside and make a kind of duet, it will make it more interesting (just a thought) :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:04 pm

SMASH wrote:I'm impressed too :1smiley:

I agree with satis5d, this combo sounds very much like the original, so you definitely succeed bringing 2 similar songs to become as one, the question is if this what the listeners are looking for in mashups.
SeVe, You did a good job with the layout and its sounds great, but maybe if you can bring also the vocals from the Weeknd inside and make a kind of duet, it will make it more interesting (just a thought) :1wink:

Thanks SMASH for the comment :1smiley: Here a many Mashups that Sound similar , it is a question if you like it or not , if it is technically good or not , that's simple it is . I like the Mashup as it is :1smiley:

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh heck naw gentlemen!!

All this similar style mashing going on and we can't give this a pass? :1tongue: :1kiss:

The artist themselves are cheating with the Am Cmaj mid tempo stuff. This leave us with forced mash options. I feel this should get a pass to the FP, it's certainly enjoyable. :1grin:
Complex editing, minor to major and coolness aside these recent mashes fall into the same category. Yeah it's simple pairing but it's cool right?. :1cool:

http://www.mashstix.com/005225
http://www.mashstix.com/005253
http://www.mashstix.com/005223
http://www.mashstix.com/005266
http://www.mashstix.com/005244
http://www.mashstix.com/005219
http://www.mashstix.com/005221
Hopefully this too :1tongue: : viewtopic.php?19=19&t=23891&p=101267

Re: (!) DJ SeVe - Katy Rerry vs. The Weeknd

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 pm

While I understand the “low-hanging fruit” argument that comes up time to time, I also understand that listeners’ taste in mashups is a very broad spectrum. I think we all can enjoy a profoundly transformative mind-blower of a genre collision, but a lot of listeners just want to hear a good fun pop-on-pop number. SeVe has dozens of these on the Front Page, just like HCD and a handful of other mashers that have some of the more popular tracks on the FP. As HCD alluded to, today’s artists aren’t helping us much by cranking out these formulaic four-chord tracks.

All that said, these songs have chord progressions which are pretty different. In fact, the line “keep it on repeat” in the chorus is slightly (but forgivably) dissonant over the instrumental as a result. For me, hearing a familiar vocal melody reharmonized to a new set of chords is one of the most compelling things about mashups. Sure, it’s not the most profound reharmonization, and sure, the style of the instrumental is very similar, but it still sounds like a new take on “Chained To The Rhythm” to me. And that’s good enough for me. :1smiley:

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 am

DJ SeVe wrote:
SMASH wrote:I'm impressed too :1smiley:

Thanks SMASH for the comment :1smiley: Here a many Mashups that Sound similar , it is a question if you like it or not , if it is technically good or not , that's simple it is . I like the Mashup as it is :1smiley:

I do like it :1smiley: just waited to hear your opinion for my suggestion :1kiss:
As I said it sounds great and I'm happy this one make it, well deserved and i'm waiting for your next one :1cool:

Re: (FP) DJ SeVe - Katy Perry vs. The Weeknd

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 am

I have to admit I've actually tried to avoid listening the new Katy Perry song. I caught 20 seconds of it, and I concluded it's pretty awful. I based that conclusion on the music. All the mashups I've heard have been an improvement.

That said, I don't think this mashup sounds like the original. It's an improvement IMO.

I might be wrong but it sounds like a faster tempo, and it benefits from the freakish ability of the Weeknd to be both smooth and punchy at the same time.

This would go down well with a crowd I think, especially if Weeknd vocals are added at the start to pull the old switcheroo on the unsuspecting party goers.

Well done DJ Seve! Coincidentally, you beat me by about a day posting a pop vs pop CTTR mashup. If mine eventually makes it to the fp we might be able to go head to head!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>