[FP] DJ Dumpz - Shape of Seven Coco Believer (3 Versions!)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Re: DJ Dumpz - Shape of Seven Coco Believer (3 Versions!)

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Hm...then you can still stick to the Radio edit which does not have any tempo transition at all :1wink:
I'm quite satisfied with the hype edits too (especially the short one). Maybe you're right with the problem of going back to the lower bpm part. It would be possible to stay at the full speed if it were a 128bpm track. However, this does not work for 145...it would just sound waaay too fast...

Re: DJ Dumpz - Shape of Seven Coco Believer (3 Versions!)

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:09 am

Dumpz, I'm really impressed with the amount of work you've been putting into this mashup. I listened to all 3 versions and I definitely prefer the HYPE EDIT. The additional vocals at the end are a nice finishing touch. Although we generally prefer to comment and make recommendations on one mashup at a time, this one falls into a category that's pretty unique. Another Mod may choose to recommend a different version, but I am recommending the HYPE EDIT (the shorter one) version.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: (!) DJ Dumpz - Shape of Seven Coco Believer (3 Versions!)

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 am

Cool combo, Dumpz :1cool:

DJ Surda wrote:In my opinion the extended one is not working, when you have introduced the believer you wouldn't come back to the other instrumental. As an example the DJs From Mars wonderwall mashup, as you remember after the frst drop they don't come down until the ac/dc guitar riff, they stay at 128 bpm even oasis sounds too fast. But you decide ;)

Agreed!

I don't mind to recommend on the Radio Edit or on the Hype Edit version, both sounds good.

Dumpz, since satis5d recommend on the Hype Edit version, another recommend from me on that version will send it to the FP. If I'll recommend on the Radio Edit, you'll need another mod to recommend it as well :1tongue:
Let me know which one you would like to see on the FP?

2 Star User

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks guys. I'm happy that I finally could please your tastes :1wink:
Yeah, I know that normally it's only a discussion for one single mashup per thread but at the beginning it was just one and then it developed into 3 different versions...

Hm...that's really hard to decide. I love both the radio edit because of the Ed Sheeran vocals and the hype edit because of its dynamics and energy :1undecided:
Maybe let's wait one or two more days and see if another mod wants to decide this? Firth?? :1grin:

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:31 am

I favour the radio edit.

The hype mix might have gotten my vote if you'd really laid the 7 Nation Army bassline into that last minute.

As it stands, I don't think there's enough white stripes in either mix to receive a credit. It's more of a "haha" moment at the start.

Radio edit is off to the...

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks for making a decision! :1wink:

g4gorilla wrote:As it stands, I don't think there's enough white stripes in either mix to receive a credit. It's more of a "haha" moment at the start.

Haha, the 7 Nation Army bassline is the bassline of the whole mashup. Or let's say I based it's notes on it with some variations to make it fit to the Shape of You melo. So the credit is well deserved... :1wink:

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 am

DJ Dumpz wrote:...it's notes on it with some variations to make it fit to the Shape of You melo.

No offence intended. For me you did too good of a job making it sound like an original part of the mix. That's what I meant by "really laying it in there" for the last minute, leaving it completely unaltered, and maybe just a bit too loud.

Just my opinion though, no biggy.

2 Star User

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:19 pm

g4gorilla wrote:
DJ Dumpz wrote:...it's notes on it with some variations to make it fit to the Shape of You melo.

No offence intended. For me you did too good of a job making it sound like an original part of the mix. That's what I meant by "really laying it in there" for the last minute, leaving it completely unaltered, and maybe just a bit too loud.

Just my opinion though, no biggy.

Ah, ok. Hm...I'm not sure if it would really fit there unaltered. Had to shift one note as far as I remember. Anyways, I'm satiffied with it as it is :1wink:

1 star User

Re: [FP] DJ Dumpz - Shape of Seven Coco Believer (3 Versions!)

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:10 am

Man that Hype edit made me smile ;) wind it up \o/

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>