Warezio - New York Crazy (Taylor Swift vs. Icehouse)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:48 am

Taylor Swift - Welcome to New York (Acapella)
Icehouse - Crazy (US Club Mix; Extended; 12 inch)

When I was in high school I had a shortwave radio that could tune Australian radio stations. 80s Aus rock is the best!

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 0 download link

Re: Warezio - New York Crazy (Taylor Swift vs. Icehouse)

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 am

This doesn't work as well as I was hoping it would. :1undecided:

I loved Icehouse as a kid and pretty much wore out my Man of Colours cassette. I've looked for source materials but didn't come up with much, so I'm happy to see your links.

There are some key issues starting at around 1:00 as well as some volume balancing issues near the beginning and pretty much anywhere after that where Icehouse sings. But for me, the biggest issue here is that Taylor doesn't seem to have enough to contribute to this mashup. We hear the line "Welcome to New York" a few too many times to find it enjoyable anymore. Perhaps bringing in a third element (acapella) would breathe some fresh air into this one and resolve some of the pitch issues.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 am

satis5d wrote:I loved Icehouse as a kid and pretty much wore out my Man of Colours cassette.

Oates really took them to the next level.
satis5d wrote:This doesn't work as well as I was hoping it would. :1undecided:

Ok then, back to the lab! I gotta represent Icehouse proper. I have all the 1989 acapellas so I should be able to bring some vocal diversity.

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:13 pm

warezio wrote:Ok then, back to the lab! I gotta represent Icehouse proper. I have all the 1989 acapellas so I should be able to bring some vocal diversity.

Looking forward to what you do with this one. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 am

I agree with Satis5d's first comment. There seems to be a harmonic clashing happening here. The instrumental is not in harmonic step with the vocals.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:38 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I agree with Satis5d's first comment. There seems to be a harmonic clashing happening here. The instrumental is not in harmonic step with the vocals.

+1

Sorry, Warezio, but i'm having the same feelings about this one :1cry:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>