(FP)Warezio- Misled Energy(Kool/The Gang vs Information Soc

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(FP)Warezio- Misled Energy(Kool/The Gang vs Information Soc

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 am

Warezio - Misled Energy (Kool & The Gang vs. Information Society vs. Chaka Khan)

Kool & The Gang - Misled (Album Version)
Information Society - What's on your Mind (Album Version)
Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody (Album Version)

Once again to the breach! :1smiley: By the way, thanks to whomever spent their weekend getting mashstix back in shape.

Version 1 (Chaka Khan tune-up):

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link

Re: Warezio - Misled Energy (Kool & The Gang vs. Information Soc

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 pm

I like this mashup a lot. And it almost gets my recommend. What's holding me back is the competing vocals at places like around 1:30. I'm much more forgiving on overlapping vocals than some, but overlapping is one thing... directly competing is another. Somehow, it seems that you've got to make one of those vocals step back a bit and let the other one lead.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:05 am

I don't mind the call response vocals. Nice job.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I don't mind the call response vocals. Nice job.

Great mix, Warezio, I like it much, especially the use of Information Society :1cool:

I don't mind either regarding the call response vocals, but before I'll put it on the front, let me know if you want to adapt satis5d's suggestion :1wink:

1 star User

Re: (!) Warezio Misled Energy(Kool & The Gang vs Information Soc

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm

SMASH wrote:
Happy Cat Disco wrote:I don't mind the call response vocals. Nice job.

Great mix, Warezio, I like it much, especially the use of Information Society :1cool:

I don't mind either regarding the call response vocals, but before I'll put it on the front, let me know if you want to adapt satis5d's suggestion :1wink:

I'm swamped with other tracks, so I'd like to ship this one. :1smiley:

I do appreciate the point. I really like call and response, but I see that vocal clash can be annoying. For the track I'm currently working on (which has call and response) I am doing some additional work copying over portions of the instrumental to try and avoid vocal competition (I have a juicy 12'' to draw on for this new track).

Re: (!) Warezio Misled Energy(Kool & The Gang vs Information Soc

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Very creative blending of sources and great ingenuity, Warezio! Despite the differences of opinion on the competing vocals, you’ve done a good job keeping them out of each other’s way…in my opinion.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>