[FP] HCD - Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] HCD - Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:05 am

It Ain't Your Beautiful Scars
(Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo)

It Ain't Your Beautiful Scars (Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo)
This song has a major third in it. That's all I need. :1tongue:

V1

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD

Mashup of:
Instrumental: Selena Gomez & Kygo - It Ain't Me
DIY Vocal: Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful

Re: HCD - Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Well, I'll start off by saying it sounds very nice and clean. Definitely something I enjoy listening to.

But, I also noticed when checking out the full original track of the Alessia Cara song that it is extremely similar musically to the Selena Gomez/Kygo song. It really feels to me like you could combine the full instrumentals of both songs, and it would sound just like a normal complete pop track with additional instruments.

Given, the acoustic guitar of the Selena/Kygo track is something different compared to the Alessia Cara song, I really don't feel like it's enough to help me distinguish the 2 as different sounding songs. I think the pop 4 chord formula is what is damning this one for me. It's hard to be that different in pop songs if you're using the same simple progression at a similar tempo.

So, while I enjoy listening to it, I don't think this one I will recommend, due to my own taste in what I sort of expect in mashups (a bit of the unexpected, in hearing something different to a degree in the combination, as opposed to the original sources alone). :1sad:
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:45 pm

The song is beautiful, well produced, and arguably a better version than the original. Definitely a recommend from me.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:51 pm

YITT wrote:Well, I'll start off by saying it sounds very nice and clean. Definitely something I enjoy listening to.

But, I also noticed when checking out the full original track of the Alessia Cara song that it is extremely similar musically to the Selena Gomez/Kygo song. It really feels to me like you could combine the full instrumentals of both songs, and it would sound just like a normal complete pop track with additional instruments.

Given, the acoustic guitar of the Selena/Kygo track is something different compared to the Alessia Cara song, I really don't feel like it's enough to help me distinguish the 2 as different sounding songs. I think the pop 4 chord formula is what is damning this one for me. It's hard to be that different in pop songs if you're using the same simple progression at a similar tempo.

So, while I enjoy listening to it, I don't think this one I will recommend, due to my own taste in what I sort of expect in mashups (a bit of the unexpected, in hearing something different to a degree in the combination, as opposed to the original sources alone). :1sad:

It's a minor to major key transition. Kygo's progression is more interesting, happy and complex imho. I don't believe the mashup would work well if the acapella roles were reversed.

This one might be more interesting to you. It's not engineered nearly as well due to the DIY and pitches but it's more redefining.

No Flash Installed

satis5d wrote:The song is beautiful, well produced, and arguably a better version than the original. Definitely a recommend from me.

Thanks Satis5d! :1cool:

Re: (!) HCD - Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:28 am

Sounds good to me, defiantly takes the originals to a better place :1rolleyes:
So i'm giving this one the...

Re: (!) HCD - Alessia Cara vs. Selena Gomez & Kygo

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:01 pm

SMASH wrote:Sounds good to me, defiantly takes the originals to a better place :1rolleyes:
So i'm giving this one the...

Thank you SMASH! :1grin:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>