Xouth - Heart Work (Enrique Iglesias vs. Rihanna & Drake)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Sources Used: Rihanna ft. Drake - Work (Acapella)
Enrique Iglesias - Duele el Corazon (Instrumental)

No Flash Installed

Download

Please like my Facebook Fan Page! Twitter

2 Star User

Re: Xouth - Heart Work (Enrique Iglesias vs. Rihanna & Drake)

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 am

Firmly anchoring the old and untalented end of Mashstix since 2012...

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm

It sounds to me like @ 0:30 you changed the pitch of her singing there? Or is that unaltered by you? I know I've used this vocal track before, and I might have re-pitched it myself to get it to sound right, but I can't remember, so can't tell if that part is original or altered.

Either way, that little snippet needs to be altered to get its best fit melodically with the instrumental

It also seems to me that possibly around 1:30 the placement of the vocals aren't situated in the best spot with the background music. But I'm not sure - hopefully someone else can also check this out. I wish DJ Firth could help out with that. I'm not all that great at visualizing stuff like that.

Other than those 2 things, this is amazing. I was skeptical when her vocals came in and I realized it was 'Work', but wouldn't you know it.. it works, and well!

I'd say definitely try re-pitching that line @ 0:30 (can you hear it sound a bit off?), and wait for a 2nd opinion on the potential structure issue.

Well done, though!
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I'll admit, I am extremely prejudiced against that Rihanna song. This combo is probably the best version of the song that I've heard, but when your working with #@!% it's hard to make something nice. Valiant attempt as this one may be, I'm going to pass on it. And I've just about decided that I'm not even going to listen to any more mashups with that song in it. :1shocked:

Nothing personal, Xouth. You almost made her sound okay.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 pm

YITT wrote:It sounds to me like @ 0:30 you changed the pitch of her singing there? Or is that unaltered by you? I know I've used this vocal track before, and I might have re-pitched it myself to get it to sound right, but I can't remember, so can't tell if that part is original or altered.

Either way, that little snippet needs to be altered to get its best fit melodically with the instrumental

It also seems to me that possibly around 1:30 the placement of the vocals aren't situated in the best spot with the background music. But I'm not sure - hopefully someone else can also check this out. I wish DJ Firth could help out with that. I'm not all that great at visualizing stuff like that.

Other than those 2 things, this is amazing. I was skeptical when her vocals came in and I realized it was 'Work', but wouldn't you know it.. it works, and well!

I'd say definitely try re-pitching that line @ 0:30 (can you hear it sound a bit off?), and wait for a 2nd opinion on the potential structure issue.

Well done, though!

Thanks for the opinion I will try to change that part at 00:30, (it's the original pitch)

1 star User

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:13 am

satis5d wrote:I'll admit, I am extremely prejudiced against that Rihanna song. This combo is probably the best version of the song that I've heard, but when your working with #@!% it's hard to make something nice. Valiant attempt as this one may be, I'm going to pass on it. And I've just about decided that I'm not even going to listen to any more mashups with that song in it. :1shocked:

Nothing personal, Xouth. You almost made her sound okay.

Well at least is one of the best versions :1tongue: hahaha, thanks for te comment

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:18 am

I like what you did, Xouth!! Maybe Rihanna is not singing in English here (maybe it's a new language) but if I need to judge the outcome, I think it's sounds quite good and it does sound better than the original "Work" song IMO :1laugh:
Anyway, I'll wait for your next version :1wink:

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:25 pm

1:30 - 2:15 is the hardest thing to match with any instrumental. The phrasing always gets weird I would recommend cutting it and starting Drake earlier.

Other than that, the pairing it great imo. :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:11 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:1:30 - 2:15 is the hardest thing to match with any instrumental. The phrasing always gets weird I would recommend cutting it and starting Drake earlier.

Other than that, the pairing it great imo. :1smiley:

Yes, I was thinking to do that, because it doesn't work well even if I change the key of that part a little bit, it's sounds worst changing it :1undecided:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>