[FP] I Feel Sexual Healing Coming (The Weeknd v Daft Punk)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] I Feel Sexual Healing Coming (The Weeknd v Daft Punk)

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 pm

No Flash Installed

Inspired by Happy Cat Disco “I Feel It Healing” mashup.

Full title:
Dj. Surda - The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk vs. Marvin Gaye - I Feel Sexual Healing Coming (Valentine's Day Edit)

The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (Acapella & Instrumental)
Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (Acapella)
Additional drums.

Download available at https://goo.gl/9AxcBk

Re: DJ Surda - I Feel Sexual Healing Coming (TheWeeknd, Daft, )

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:33 am

This combination works for me. I quite enjoyed it.

However, I'm only giving it one thumb up because I feel that it would be much better if the tempo was increased from about 93 (where it is now) to about 105. When this mashup starts it feels like it's dragging a bit. I don't know if you slowed "I Feel It Coming" down to match Marvin (that's what it sounds like to me) or not. Furthermore, the song seems a bit too long, which again may be solved by a speedier tempo.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for the recommendation satis5d

Next week i will upload the spidder version: this is valentine's day version ;)

When one plays this mashup is it possible to speed it until 120 if he/she wants.

This 93 bpm is the original the weeknd tempo.

Thanks again

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 am

Welp, I am excited to hear your new version, just because I want to hear what it sounds like, but I really liked this version, Like, really. I feel pretty comfortable at this tempo. It's got the slow jam feel to it, but a bit more energy from the just slightly faster tempo than that genre. Really a nice sound.

I totally recommend this. I will be downloading this as a track to put in my Traktor Pro collection, thanks!

I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

1 star User

Re: (!)DJ Surda-I Feel Sexual Healing Coming (TheWeeknd, Daft, )

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:21 am

I will let you know when i publish it YITT,
Ur words are an honour to me :1rolleyes:

1 star User

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 am

Very good enjoyable mash! I can see where the others are coming from, as it does sound quite slow and like Satis5d said, it seems to sound like it's struggling at the start. However the tempo also adds to it, speeding it up may take away the mood of the song to make it sound rushed and if it's a valentines song, you don't wanna start rushing it, getting too excited and going too fast :1embarassed:
Just like YITT said, I look forward to your newer/faster version, which I expect will be just as good!

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 am

I really into it :1rolleyes: it feels like Marvin Gaye flows with the melody very well and it sounds like an original.
One thing though, I think Marvin Gaye can get a bit of more gain (around 0.5dB or so) at the last part of the track starting @3:25 (more or less) till the end (and I'm not talking about the fade out at the end, that's OK), I just feel he is loosing power at that part. Other than that, it's really enjoyable mashup :1wink:

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

This is great Surda! I'm really curious what the sped up version will sound like. :1cool:

1 star User

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:12 am

Thanks SMASH

Haven't pushed down the level of Marvin Gaye's aca from 3:25. I can see the shout at 3:44 maybe is not loud enough but the rest i think is fine as MG is now doing backing vocals and not lead. But u're the only one who noticed this, don't know if it is a common thing or just your personal opinion.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 pm

I just needed to grow accustomed to the groove of this one. It's getting a promotion! :1wink:

(Well, it will make the Front-Page once it has a valid download option. :1angry: )
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>